top of page
Extract from Illegal Nambucca Shire Council minutes
Nambucca Shire Council
Prepared by: Department of Environment and Planning
Adopted by Council:15 July 2010
Commencement Date:30 July 2010
Amended by Council:13 March
2013 NAMBUCCA DEVELOPMENT CONTROL PLAN 2010
A3.5 NOTIFICATION TO LOCAL ABORIGINAL COMMUNITY
A3.5.1 Development referred to LALCs and Aboriginal
Representatives/Groups. Council shall notify the relevant Local Aboriginal Land Councils (LALC) in accordance with this DCP and/or and any other Aboriginal Representatives/Groups identified in any consultation protocols agreed to by Council and the LALCs.
The following types of development shall be notified:
• major commercial or retail development where more than 250m2 of new floor space is proposed;
• development for new educational, health, recreational or community purposes;
• development on land identified as a heritage conservation area; • development on land identified as being of Aboriginal cultural significance;
• major development of rural land;
• extractive industries;
• attached dwellings, multi dwelling housing and residential flat buildings, where 3 or more dwellings are proposed;
• urban subdivision where more than 3 lots are to be created (excluding strata subdivision, subdivision for lease purposes or subdivision of existing built development)
• tourist accommodation; and
• rural and large lot residential subdivisions (excluding boundary adjustments).
A3.5.2 Submissions from LALCs and Aboriginal Representatives/Groups Council’s notification to an LALC and/or and Aboriginal Representatives/Groups shall indicate a period of no less than 28 days for the receipt of submissions.
Any submissions received during this period are to be considered by Council prior to determining any Development Application. Council may, at its discretion, consider submissions received after the end of above period.
bottom of page